Thursday, July 22, 2010

Being sifted

"Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to test all of you as a farmer sifts his wheat.  I have prayed that you will not lose your faith?  Help your brothers be stronger when you come back to me."
Luke 22:31 New Century Version

Last night at bible study this was just one of the things that we talked about, but I kept coming back to it over and over.

Probably because in the last month. . . 

My mom's health/memory has deteriorated,
My AC has broken, twice,
2 out of 3 cars have needed repair,
not working as much because of reason #1, so I don't have as much income to help with all the following reasons.

I guess sometimes it's how you look at things that can change your outlook, most of the time I am a glass 1/2 full kind of girl.  But lately, not so much.

But I have learned that I don't have to have a good situation, to have a good situation.

That's a little saying my pastor always says, and it took difficult circumstances to help me really get it.

I have learned that while what may seem like a trying, lonely, life altering situation can change things in my life, it won't change my attitude or my faith, if I don't let it. 

I can look at all of this going on and say Why me?

Or I can say, Why not me?  

God could be allowing these things to happen in my life to "sift" me, to make me stronger, to help me to rely on him more.  It has made my relationship with God stronger in so many ways.

God has been so much more to me, he has been a shoulder to cry on, a lot!!  He gives me strength, shows me that I can't control situations so I must learn ways to adapt and give the stress to him, and I have.  Well, most of the time, sometimes, the human in me wants to think I can take care of things myself but more and more I am giving him complete control.

Maybe we should look at the obstacles in our lives differently.  Maybe these things will be resolved quickly for some, or maybe they are life changes that will not end until God allows them to end.  But we should check our attitudes, and our faith.  Give everything fully to him, and let him take care of it.  He can definitely do it better than we ever could.

Just something to think about.



2 comments:

  1. Yes, He can do it better than we ever could. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise observations! Praying for you and the fam!

    ReplyDelete