Tuesday, December 14, 2010

O Christmas Tree




While visiting my mom in the hospital, we were amazed at how they had the lobby decorated.
There are Christmas trees everywhere.
They are all decorated by different organizations and some are even auctioned off.
These are just a few.




I just LOVE this one, isn't the hat on top cute!






This one has a story, I'll come back to it.














OK, now for the story, you probably noticed the signs at the bottom of the trees.  That just tells you the club/organization that the tree represents.


The purple one is for "Purple Grandma", she is a sweet lady who comes and visits the patients, she is always dressed in purple so she got the nickname Purple Grandma.  We actually got to meet her one Saturday while we were visiting my mom.  She used to go around to every room and visit all the patients but someone told her she couldn't do that anymore.


She told us the devil keeps trying to keep her out of there but she wouldn't let him.  She still goes around to visit all that she can.


I wish I had gotten a picture of her.


What a lady!

Ohhh, I almost forgot, there are 58 trees in all, amazing!!!

1 comment:

  1. Those are beautiful! What a nice place! I LOVE those trees!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete