Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Thankful on Tuesday

Do you ever have nights where you wake up and suddenly your mind is filled with a thousand different thoughts?  Last night was one of those nights.


It seems like there is so much going on, sickness, job loss, financial struggles, just so much bad that we don't really focus on what is good.


So for today, I am going to be thankful.


One of the things that was running around in my head was how thankful I am for all the things my mom has taught me, so today she is my focus.




She taught me the importance of family.  






I am eternally grateful for the way she took us to church, every Sunday, and she still is a constant source of faith to all of us.


She shows me how to find joy in everything.  A sense of humor can get you through a lot people! She has always loved her kids unconditionally.  Always!  


Believe it or not, we are not as perfect as you may perceive us. 


She instills family traditions, like yearly vacations with the WHOLE family, and getting together every week to eat as a family.


I am so thankful God chose her as my mother.  


I know, I am truly blessed.




4 comments:

  1. What a great mom! Those are the things I am thankful for about my mom too! I hope my children and yours are thankful for us like this one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A sense of humor can get you through a lot people!" - too funny but so true!

    And, I'm super jealous of your weekly family lunches. I miss that about living close to my family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed! Aunt Ruby is truly a blessing, and by the way .... so are you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful tribute to a very special lady. She is truly a wonderful Mom and inspiration to all. Will always remember the laughs she and I have had and you have the same laugh and sense of humor. What a great mom you are too! Love you.

    ReplyDelete