Friday, November 16, 2012

Questions to think about

Since we have started our Bible study on not a fan, we have really had to look inside ourselves to see where God stands in our lives.

This past week was particularly difficult. 

Not really difficult because I didn't get it, but difficult because I'm not sure what my answers mean.  

I guess I didn't get it.

Anyway, since I wasn't sure exactly what my answers say about me, I want to throw the questions that I found the most challenging out to you.

Ready?

1.  What disappoints you or frustrates you the most?

2.  What is it that really gets you excited?

OK, I am going to tell you what my answers are because I honestly felt like my answers may not have been what the author was looking for when he asked them.

Now what disappoints me was an easy question.  

Injustice.
The whole life isn't fair thing.  Why are some kids starving while others have too much.
But I will say that I am becoming better with this one, because I think a lot of that is on us.  We should open our eyes to the injustices and do something ourselves.
So I am working on that one.

For me it was the next question that made me seem selfish for lack of a better description.  What gets me excited?
I don't know if this is wrong but I get excited when I know I am getting together with friends or family.  I love having people over, and just getting together.  Our family use to have a girls game night once a month and I absolutely loved it. 
We have a lot of fun in my family!

Anyway, when I thought about it I wondered what does that say about me?

Am I putting my family before God?

I don't think I am, but am I?

While we discussed the questions, we were told that these are not to make us feel guilty, but to help us grow and I know that in my head, but I just wasn't sure what that said about me.

I guess if I am going to be honest with myself, and why not because God knows everything anyway, I would have to ask myself am I putting my relationships before God.


No comments:

Post a Comment