Friday, February 8, 2013

It comes in many forms.

When I came across the Pride poem in Praying God's Word it really made me stop and think.  What I saw as one thing was just pride in disguise.

It's amazing to me how we rationalize things in our head to make ourselves look like the victim when all along it is pride controls our thoughts and that's not what should be controlling us at all.

I have to admit when I first started this book it talked a lot about spiritual strongholds, and I didn't really get it at first.

Now, I get it.   

It's all those things that we struggle with giving to the One who is in control anyway.

Like anger, and envy, and shame, and despair, and not being able to forgive.

So once again, I was given the lesson of humility.

It was a humbling experience that I won't forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment