Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Milk paint dresser!

This was my first time using Miss Mustard Seed's milk paint, and while it took me a few times mixing it up to get a feel for it, I really like it.

For a first I decided to go with this freebie from my friend.



Sorry the picture has a glare from the window, but I think you pretty much get the idea.

First of all, it's 100 years old, and it's starting to show its age, her laminate was beginning to peel, but I just couldn't help thinking how pretty she would look all dressed up.

So after peeling the veneer off with my steam mop, might sound weird but all the bloggers say steam is the way to go so I just used what I had.

Honestly, that probably took me about a week of working on it every night after work, I finished.

We also had to rebuild one of the drawers because it fell off the truck while we were moving it, but we finally got her ready for paint.

So, I went with Miss Mustard seeds grain sack.




I painted her all up and stained the top.

I have to say, this is my favorite re-do ever!!!!

I mean ever!




Love, love, love it!!





Now, I just have to find a place to put it.

Linking up at Domestically Speaking

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My word. You are kidding me! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete