Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Cleaning out the memories




One of my favorite things about Fall is getting out my pumpkins and beginning to get decorated for Halloween.

While I am getting my decorations down from the attic, it usually makes me aware of all the stuff that I am holding onto that is taking up space in the attic.

So this year, I have come to the decision that while I am getting my decorations down for fall, I will go through what some may consider to be junk, but I like to call it precious memories and get rid of what I don't need.

Now, it sounds simple when you say it.  Get rid of what you don't need, but then I come across Baby Girl's favorite baby doll when she was little and I just feel like I can't get rid of that.  

Or maybe it's Baby Boy's baseball glove from when he was little, the point is, I kept it because it held a special memory to me, and part of me doesn't want to let that go.

But, what I've come to realize is that I don't need to hold on to those things to feel all warm and fuzzy about my babies.  Our house is full of memories, most good, some not so good, but the memories aren't going anywhere.  Not yet anyway.

And I don't have to keep every single toy they ever had growing up to remember it.

They are as much a part of me as breathing, so I'll just hold onto that.  

Don't get me wrong, I am sure I will keep a few special things but I'm not going to get hung up on keeping every single thing that I just don't need.  

Maybe there is someone else out there who can use it to make new memories.


2 comments:

  1. Wise words my friend! Your attic looks amazing! You would die if you saw mine! Miss You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is SHOCKING news in the sports betting industry.

    It's been said that every bettor must watch this,

    Watch this now or stop placing bets on sports...

    Sports Cash System - Advanced Sports Betting Software.

    ReplyDelete