Monday, October 12, 2009

Whip It!!! Whip it Good, Whip it real Good!!!


This weekend, BG and I went to see this movie. It was rated PG-13, for Language, and a little skin, but nothing naked. I have to say that I loved Ellen Page in Juno. I thought she was just the funniest thing. You know how some people have that dry sense of humor, and they are funny in a sarcastic kind of way, well that's the way she is. But while some people just look like a smart aleck, she pulls it off really well.


It has a good story. You know the classic high school kids who don't exactly fit in with the "cool" kids. But she finally finds something she is good at and excels at it!! I have to say it really brought back memories of Roll-A-Bout Skating ring, on Bicentennial quarter night. Man, how long ago has that been? (I know, a really, really, long time ago.) I started thinking too, when was Roller Derby big? 70's? I really don't know, I didn't watch it, and vaguely remember anything about it. Maybe it was when wrestling was big.

Speaking of wrestling that reminds me of a story, I actually know a guy who loves, loves, loves, Rick Flair. Woooo!!! Anyway, once he went to a wrestling match and stole his wrestling belt. Yes, the big, gold, shiny belt that they all wave in the air because they are great wrestlers.
The Championship belt!!!! He still has it today, because he isn't a teenager anymore either people. Sometimes, if you are really good, he will show it to you!

If you haven't seen this yet, it is soooooo good!

Get out a little, see a movie with your kids, just don't go skating and break your wrist!! Hee, Hee, that really did happen. It sucks to get old!!



1 comment:

  1. I would like to see those movies! I should have gone with you and BG this weekend. Course, you know me, I would have had to take a pillow and blanket!!!

    ReplyDelete