Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Forgiveness

Every now and again, someone makes an apology for something that is so humbling it makes us realize we are the ones who should be apologizing.


Has that ever happened to you?


Sunday, someone stood up and apologized for not doing something enough.


Know what that something was?


Praying.


Yep, praying.


They sincerely felt like things were not going well because they weren't praying enough.  And you know what.


I cried.  (That isn't unusual if you know me.)


Then it hit me, I was just as guilty as them.


I hadn't prayed enough about it either.


I had prayed, but not enough.


I had tried to fix it myself, but it wasn't getting better.  That's when I realized that I couldn't fix it by myself.


I needed help, not help from just anyone, but help from the Lord.


So I prayed.  Really prayed, and I have prayed every morning.


See, by myself I can't do anything, but with Jesus, I can do everything.


Sometimes God can use people we don't expect to help us put what is really important in perspective.




1 comment:

  1. I love this. I need to ask the Lord to forgive ME for not praying enough.

    ReplyDelete