Wednesday, June 20, 2012

What a difference a little paint can make


Here are the before's of the kitchen and the living room that we painted at moms' house.






There was a border up that I took off a few days before we painted.


Uuuuuggghhh!!  That was NO fun at all, but I just put on my big girl panties and did it anyway.

I also used a formula that I found on pinterest to take off the border and I thought it worked pretty good.


Of course, my husband complained, he didn't like the smell. (Vinegar and water.)


These are the living room pictures.

I know, it's pretty dark isn't it.

So we decided to lighten it up per mom's request so she could see a little better.


This is the kitchen after we painted it.

The color is actually Swiss Mocha, but it pretty much looks white.




This is the living room after.


We were not going to repaint the ceiling so we went with a very soft yellow.


It looks a little green in this picture but it doesn't look like that in person.


This one is a little more true to color.

It's called barely blonde.  It's more of a butter color.



After painting both rooms it was so much lighter in there.  And believe it or not we got both rooms painted in 3 hours.

We had a lot of helpers.

You like?

No comments:

Post a Comment