Thursday, April 29, 2010

Being Fearful

Last night was, you guessed it Bible Study.

Are you sick of hearing about Bible study?  I hope not, because I don't plan on quitting it any time soon.  Besides, I like it, and I'm a big girl and I can do what I want!

Anyway, last night we continued in Luke 11.  Jesus was warning the disciples to not be like the Pharisees, now of course he wasn't talking about ALL Pharisees just the ones who were more concerned with how they looked to other people, and not concerned with how they looked to God.  

At one point he tells them, "I tell you my friends, don't be afraid of people who can kill the body but after that can do nothing more to hurt you.  I will show you the one to fear.  Fear the one who has the power to kill you and also to throw you into hell.  Yes, this is the one you should fear."  Luke 11:4-5

I have heard a few conversations about Fearing the Lord, and I wonder how much we actually fear the Lord now.  Society doesn't show much fear of anything these days.  It's seems to be an "All about me" kind of thing.  

I wonder, do you think this angers God?  When I think of all the things that God has done when he wasn't happy with his people, it makes me fearful.

What do you think?  Do you see us as a fearful nation?


2 comments: