Monday, September 19, 2011

Anything you can think of. . . .

you can find out how to make it on the Internet.

I decided to give making my own clothes detergent a try, I have to say bloggers make everything look so easy.

And they were right it really was easy.

I used this recipe.

Powdered Laundry Detergent

2 cups Fels Naptha Soap (finely grated – I used Octagon, basically the same thing)


1 cup Washing Soda


1 cup Borax






■Mix well and store in an airtight plastic container.


■Use 2 tablespoons per full load.





I was a little skeptical at first.  But I have to say, I couldn't tell any difference in how it cleans my clothes, and I actually like the smell of the soap a little better than any powder detergents I've used. 

I am getting use to using powder again because I was using liquid but other than that I am completely satisfied.

I will say that the recipe above didn't last very long so I have since doubled it and because I didn't want to stand over the grater for so long, I decided to try to put the soap in the blender to shred it up. 

It stuck at first, but then I learned that if I add some dry ingredients (like the Washing soda) it worked fine.

I never ceased to be amazed at what I learn from blogging.


No comments:

Post a Comment