Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Traditions

I love Christmas!  


For the most part I love the traditions that go along with the holidays.


Some of which we have been doing for as long as I can remember, and some our family started on our own.


Like getting our Christmas tree, we have been doing it since our kids were small, and even though they think they are grown up, we still do it and I think I love it more than they do sometimes.


I remember when we were little our Christmas was going to my Grandmother Phillips on Christmas eve, where we always ate, read the Christmas story from Luke, then we got to open our presents.  Believe it or not it was a sort of right of passage to get to read the Christmas story and my Grandma's.  


Then we would leave there and go to a few other places, my aunt had a barn (more like a garage really with a live in suite on top), and she always had people over on Christmas eve, and us little kids got presents. Hee Hee!!!!


One year all of us cousins got plastic ski's and it snowed!  You wouldn't believe the fun we had with those plastic ski's!


Oh, to be young again!


Christmas Day was spent at home until the early afternoon, then we went to my Grandma Lamb's house.  More of the same, good food, good fun, and lots and lots of special memories.


Those are the things you remember, the people, the places you gather, all the things that make up special memories!


No comments:

Post a Comment