Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I want to be a farmer!!!!

This weekend our church took our kids to a corn maze at a local farm. 


It was a real working farm.  


We all went through the corn maze, which was great by the way and then we went on the hayride where they tell us all about their farm.


Did you know that the average age of today's farmer is 62?  


Did you know that most farmers will inherit their farms, we are using up most of our land for houses and it's difficult to just go out and buy a farm.


Do you really know where your food is coming from?  


Completely unplanned we watched Food Inc this weekend.  I had seen this guy on Oprah and it just looked interesting so I rented it.


If you haven't seen it you should, you may consider saving up for a farm.  I think I am.

1 comment:

  1. Oh me! I watched that. Oh me! I need to save for a farm!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete