Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Radical, Chapter 4

The Great Why of God

I don't really know where to start.  This chapter was hard for me, harder than the first ones.  Not because I don't believe what any of it says, I do, it is all straight from the bible.  I guess I am surprised I haven't heard it like this before.  But I think I haven't, because I didn't really want to hear it.  

I like my life, I am pretty happy.

A decent house, a decent car, pretty good kids, and a good man.

I don't really want to change anything right now.  Isn't that terrible?  I am so comfortable that I don't want God to make any changes in my life.  

Ouch!!!!  

That makes me feel like a really bad person, but I am being honest.

I think we (meaning me) don't talk about the awesomeness of God anymore.  He is loving, and forgiving, but he is awesome.  He is all powerful.  He is God.

I was just talking to someone about how wonderful it is that people are "called" to missionary work.  

Ummm, yeah.

I felt a little kick in the gut reading that part.  I guess I don't really want to go anywhere else, I am pretty comfortable right where I am.  Maybe I am afraid.  Afraid of change.

So, where does it all leave me?  

Trying to put it all back together again, I know it isn't about me.  But, up to now I thought I was doing OK, now, I'm not so sure.  I know there is sooo much more that I should be doing, so much more that I could be giving.  

I think we tend to think that one person really can't change anything.  That one person can't change the world.

One of my favorite parts of the chapter was on page 83.

I invite you to consider with me what it would mean for all of us--pastors and church members, businessmen and businesswomen, lawyers and doctors, consultants and construction workers, teachers and students, on the go professionals and stay at home moms-- to spend all of our lives for the sake of all of God's glory in all of the world.


What a challenge!






See what others are saying here!

1 comment:

  1. I don't see anything wrong with baby steps, Renee. They are soooo much better than no steps. Thanks for sharing your heart!

    ReplyDelete