Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Radical, Chapter 6

Once again, I am joining Marla for the Radical read along.


One of my favorite parts of this chapter was on page 138.


'The way we use our money is a barometer of our present spiritual condition."

This speaks volumes to me.  Have you ever really thought about that?  WOW!!!


With that said, I have to admit that I am a total softy, I cry at sad commercials, if someone around me is upset or crying then I will probably cry too.  

That's why sometimes, I don't like to read the sad stuff.  I don't like to see the faces of the orphans or the children who are starving.  When I look at it, it's real.  And I have to admit that I don't think that I could make a difference.

This chapter kind of changed that for me.  I may not be able to change the world, but the God I serve can do anything.  He can move mountains, and if he can do that, then if enough people try to do something in his name, there will be a change.

I do feel compelled to do something for the needy.  It may be something as small as cleaning out my closet and giving it to our church for the free yard sale.  

I know that really isn't much, but it's something.  

I loved the story of the lady who decided to sell all she had to get out of debt, so that she could give more.

Did you get that, so she could GIVE more.  

Things this chapter taught me.
1)  I need to be more of a giver
2)  What I do will matter.
3)  My actions speak way louder than my words.
4)  If we would just love God first, then love others like he does, we could change the world.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Renee. YES! Start somewhere!! God will show you what to do next and next and next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your list! And love that you're putting your thoughts into action. Am challenged to do the same...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! Love your number four and praying for you on this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post...thank you for sharing your heart and being so transparent. Love your list of four things...they are four things that I am compelled to do as well!

    ReplyDelete