Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hosea

We have recently started a new Bible study at my church, and this time we are studying Hosea. I have to say I had heard the story of Hosea a long time ago, but was reminded of it when a friend suggested that I read "Redeeming Love" by Francine Rivers.

If you have ever read any of her books, then you know how great she is. She has a wonderful way of telling a story while relating it to the Bible. I have read every book of hers that I could get my hands on and I have to say the last 3 that I read which were a series called The Mark of the Lion, these were m
y absolute favorites! They are GREAT!!!

Now that I've gotten my book review out of the way, I'll tell you what I have enjoyed so far about studying Hosea. I am amazed at the mans faithfulness in following Gods word. He listened to what the Lord told him to do and did it, no matter the cost. That is obedience in its finest. I mean God told him to find an unfaithful woman and take her for his wife. Not exactly acceptable even then, but he was a man of faith, so he did it.

That's faith.

In action.

Something the Preacher said that really stuck out in my mind was that true love doesn't begin with emotion, it begins with commitment.

Isn't it funny how love for us, begins with that feeling you get when you first start dating someone, you have butterflies in your stomach and you just can't wait to see them again. Remember that feeling? Maybe it was the way they looked at you.

Then you get married, and while some people still get that feeling, you learn that a lot of the love you feel comes from being with that person for so long and that you are committed to them.

Now that is something to think about.


2 comments:

  1. Love this post. So so true! You know how much I love Francine Rivers, and how she tells a story!! Wish I was in your church Bible study!

    ReplyDelete