Saturday, May 2, 2009

Purpose Driven Life, Cont'd

I know, I know!
I have missed Bible study a few nights due to my world travels and field trips.
But I'm back.

Last night was about having the heart of a Servant. I have to admit that most of the time this isn't really a problem for me. I am pretty easy, ask me to do something and I almost always say "Sure".
My problem lies is that I sometimes don't have a "real" servants' heart because I am too worried about what everyone else is doing.
Now I am sure that none of you are the least bit like that. I bet you never compare yourselves to anyone, right?
In going over the Chapters slowly it really helps me to see where I need to focus my attention.
I definitely need to focus on my attitude. I do, believe it or not, have a good attitude. But sometimes, when someone isn't doing what I think they should be doing, or maybe they don't show up when I think they should, well, I guess I get a little upset about it.
Sometimes more than others..

I know I have to focus more on the Lord. I pray every day that I will have a Servants heart.
I really do!

Then that little devil pops up on my shoulder, and start filling my head with all kinds of bad thoughts.
That mean old devil!

So, to make things easier on myself, I will only focus on what I am doing.
I will pray everyday that the Lord will help me with that fault.

Our society makes serving more difficult than it should be. We define ourselves by what we have. Keeping up with the Jones', so to speak. Where Jesus says we should store our treasures in heaven.

Another thing that I absolutely love is when you start reading the Bible and you learn about the people God used to his glory, you will be amazed at how human they are.

Let's look at Noah, a drinker. Yet he was a friend of God.

Paul, began persecuting Christians, one of the greatest Apostles, constantly trying to know God.

David, an adulterer and murderer. Also, a friend to God.

If God can use them, surely I am good for something.

That tells me God loves me right where I am at, his Grace is amazing, he loves even me!!!
Our weaknesses don't always have to be a bad thing, that is where God can truly show you what he can do if you just let him.

1 comment:

  1. I am a friend of God. A sinner saved by His wonderful grace! Now if I can just let HIM do it all!

    ReplyDelete