Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Project Planning

When I start looking at all of the amazing things that people do with yard sale finds, and spray paint, and other peoples trash. It really makes me feel quite inadequate.

I mean, who would have thought to take a plate, a sundae cup, and a can of paint and it turns into a cake stand. I have to say that seeing that made me think, man how stupid am I that I never thought of that? Freaky, huh?

So, I am setting a few goals for myself. (Because I am not that "inadequate.")

First of all, I have already bought my spray paint for a rocking chair project that I am determined to do.

Second, I really want to do one of those cake plates. I like the way they paint those, but I also like the way some of those older plates look, so I'll decide on that when I get a plate.
Who knows, maybe something will just jump out at me when I go to the Goodwill store.

Third, I really want to put new floors in my kitchen and living room. I really, really, really want brick tiles. I absolutely love them! LOVE EM!!
But we have also talked about knocking down a kitchen wall, to make the dining room open to the kitchen so I don't know when this will happen. I am trying to convince Mr. Wonderful that we can knock the wall out ourselves. I mean hey, demolition, how hard can it be?
So, if we do that, then we'll do the floors when that little project is complete.
Of course, I do want a bar going into the dining room, but again, I think we can handle that too.

Any suggestions?


1 comment:

  1. I want to frame out the mirrors in my bathrooms and above my mantle. I never come up with the ideas on my own though. I usually see them on other blogs.

    I think you should knock out the kitchen wall. I'll bet it would make a HUGE difference! Remember to take *before and after* pictures.

    In the meantime, make a cake stand. And, don't hide it from me.

    ReplyDelete