Thursday, May 14, 2009

My Testimony

OK, I want to start off by saying I've been in church all my life. I grew up in church, always felt like I was a "good" person. As a teenager I drifted, and I went back, but I have to say that I had a "me" attitude.

You know, everything was about me and what was in it for me. So when I finally realized it wasn't about me. At all.

Once I began living for the Lord, I could see all the ways he was working in my life, even when I didn't realize it. There were friends who guided me towards him, the faith of my family, just so many things that looking back, all brought me to the Lord.

Now I know that God wants a RELATIONSHIP with me, a real, live, relationship. And I have to work at that relationship just like I do any relationship that I want to succeed.

I have learned so much from Bible studies, the more I learn, the more I want to learn. It really is a good book. I know that God's grace and mercy are for everyone. His love is unconditional. He knows we are not perfect, yet he sent his son to die on the cross for us. ALL of us!

I still have struggles, but I know I can trust the Lord to be there with me. I know he will not leave me. Even though I sin, he forgives me and loves me.

Someone once said "Don't be afraid of what God can do in your life." There is so much God wants for us if we will just accept it. He only asks us to love him and be obedient to him. All you need to do is ask Jesus to come into your heart, believe that he sent his son to die on the cross for us, and know that he is the way, the truth, and the light.



1 comment:

  1. One of the things I love about you is how passionate you are about your faith. I love how you seek to know more and more about Jesus and I admire how you love to *dig* in His word. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete