Thursday, December 10, 2009

Favorite Christmas movies

I don't know about your house, but at our house around the holidays there are a few MUST SEE movies that I just have to watch for it to really feel like Christmas.

The first one is It's a Wonderful life. I just love that movie, sometimes I watch it even when it's not Christmas and it still makes me cry every time. I love how innocent Clarence is. And how George really thought people would be better off without him. Great, Great movie.

I also have to watch Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase. This is just a classic, funny, Christmas movie. Love it!!! Who wouldn't love cousin Eddie?

We also make a habit of watching A Christmas Story. It's just as much a classic as Christmas Vacation. HO! HO! HO!

And even though I probably shouldn't, I love the cartoons that come on every year, the old ones, like Peanuts Christmas, and The Year without a Santa Claus. You know, the good ones.

When we were growing up, we would go to my Grandmother P's for Christmas eve, and open presents with my Dads side of the family. We would eat supper and when we all would gather in the living room to open presents, we would read the Christmas story from the bible. Of course as a kid, we just wanted to get to the present part, but even then, we knew it was an important part of why we got to open presents in the first place. When we were done we would be sitting around watching some Christmas cartoon, not sure which one, but I do remember the Santa radar that would come on and tell us where Santa was. I think they still have the Santa radar.

It was one of my favorite things about Christmas.

Do you have any favorites?


2 comments:

  1. What about The Grinch? It's not Christmas without him!!!

    I love your new background!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a Wonderful Life is my all time favorite. But I also really love the newish Little Women. It's not so new anymore but I like it better than the black & white version. It starts and ends with Christmas even though it covers more time than that. But I think Elf has probably surpassed Little Women. Seriously! I love that movie.

    ReplyDelete