Thursday, December 31, 2009

Resolutions

OK, so I know everybody makes New Years Resolutions, and most people, (I said most people) don't do them for more than 30 days.

I know I am definitely guilty as well. But this year will be different. Hee! Hee!

The main reason it will be different is because this year I am making some reasonable resolutions. I am not going to vow to lose 20 lbs, because let's face it, Not Gonna Happen!

So here goes.

First, I am going to make time for God, every day. I have said that in the past, and then life gets in the way and I don't do it. But not this year. Surely I can take 15 minutes for the Lord, right? I can, I know I can, and if all else fails, I have a bible at work, I'll just do it on my 15 minute break that the law requires.

Second, I am going to exercise 5 out of 7 days per week. I was doing that, then Thanksgiving came, and went, and I just kind of, you know, stopped. But I have already started that back so I think that one is definitely doable.

Third, I am going to make a conscience effort to have more of a servants attitude. After all, it isn't about me.

Last, I want to try to pay more attention to my kids. They are teenagers, and honestly, we do more stuff as a family than most teenagers they know, but I guess I just want to listen more to what they have to say.

So that's what I've got.

How about you? Anything you want to share?

1 comment:

  1. I want to stop judging and being critical...I don't know the situations in other people's lives................This will be a tough one!

    ReplyDelete