Wednesday, June 3, 2009

First

The other day my friend asked me "What would be your idea of a perfect date?"

Now, we don't really go out very much, not just the two of us, we pretty much always have the kids with us, or friends. So that got me thinking about what is my idea of a perfect date. My first response was I like to go out to eat, because we don't really do that very often, especially alone. And I love to go to the movies, but Mr. Wonderful doesn't really like the movies unless there is a lot of guns and action, and maybe a little brief nudity. What man doesn't like that? But honestly, I couldn't really think of anything that was a show stopper as far as dates go.

Then I thought back over my dating years and I have to say there were a few that stuck out in my mind, but I must say my most memorable date was when a guy I was dating took me to the Golf course after they closed, and we walked around the golf course. Sounds cheesy, I know but it did stick out in my mind. He was a sweet guy.

Another one was going to the park with a guy and swinging on the swings. And no, we weren't 7!! We went to the movies first, and I later heard that he saved something from all of his dates. In that case the movie tickets. Isn't that cute for a guy? I was pretty shocked when I heard that about him because he was a big burly guy. Just a good case of not judging a book by it's cover, hmmm?

I also have a few that stick out because they were not quite as good. Let's start with the blind date, set up by a co-worker. That should have been my first clue shouldn't it? Blind date, noooo, ladies you always need to at the very least talk to the guy on the phone. Keep in mind this was before Internet so I wasn't really worrying about wackos at that time. But when he came to pick me up, he was a perfect gentleman. Couldn't have been any nicer. I also couldn't help but notice how long he was talking to my sister when he got there. Definitely put a damper on the evening. All I could think about was he probably wishes my sister was sitting here. Then we went to a play, and out to eat. It was OK, but you know how some people are always talking about the person that you have in common, and that's all they want to talk about. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. That's kind of how it was.

While the guy who took me to the golf course was memorable to begin with, later on, he took me out to eat and told me I was embarrassing him because I was laughing too loud.

That was a big mistake. Things got a lot louder before they got quieter.

Now Mr. Wonderful and I had our first date at a party, that was great. It was a Halloween party and it started at my sisters house and moved to a dance club that was having a costume contest. My sister was dressed up like ET, and she couldn't see out of her mask so we had to lead her around.

During the actual contest, my brother got into a fight and was thrown out, so I had to send Mr. Wonderful back in to get my sister, who couldn't see. What a great impression, huh? But he must have liked it because he's stuck around for almost 21 years now. Never a dull moment around our house I can assure you.



2 comments:

  1. The golf course? A hole in one perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the title of your blog, and I can't wait to explore more here. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete