Thursday, March 19, 2009

MMMMammogram!!!


















Today, I had my annual mammogram. Stop, stop wincing and smirking! It really wasn't that bad, just picture a vice, a LARGE vice, and stick your
boob in. Then they, slowly, tighten (smash) the machine. While the process can be a little uncomfortable, it certainly isn't worth not having it done. Mammograms are very important. Remember, early detection is the key!! Personally, I don't really enjoy Doctors visits. Never have, I remember when I was little and my mom would take me to the Doctor, I hated it so much I would jump from the back seat to the front seat so my mom couldn't get me out of the car. Hated it!! I also pass out pretty easy so I passes out once after the Dr. took some blood. That still haunts me today. I took my mom to the Doctor because she fell and cut her leg and I ended up in the ER because I passed out while they were working on her leg. The nurse insisted that I go to the Emergency Room to be checked out. Keep in mind we were already in the hospital, just on the opposite side of the ER. When they rolled my mom down to the Emergency room where I was, yes, she was in a wheel chair, We couldn't stop laughing at how ridiculous this must look. I mean I was suppose to be taking care of her. She kept looking at me saying "How are we going to get home?", I insistently told her that I would be driving us home. I told the nurse I had to be out of there by 2 so I could pick my kids up from school. We knew we were in trouble when we heard the attending physician call the Dr who saw me pass out and say "Well, they are down here laughing about it now, I think she's OK". When we do get to leave the sweet little old candy striper/volunteer came in and looked at my mom and said "Are you ready to go home?" I had to say It's me, I'm the one who passed out." She looked for a minute like she didn't believe me. How embarrassing. And naturally my mom couldn't wait to tell everyone about it. Forget that when I was coming to, I could hear her say "You scared me to death, I thought you were dead." Thanks mom!
Again, it's times like these you need a good sense of humor. So remember to call the Doctor and make that appointment for your Mammogram.

No comments:

Post a Comment