Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow Day!!


Today, we had snow, and in the south, that is a rare treat. Such a rare treat that the city usually shuts down if we get more than 2 inches and in this case, we did. While schools were closed, and mills were shut down, my job is not one that closes for inclimate weather. You could say we live for this kind of weather. But because I have such a great job, I was able to take a day off to play in the snow with my family. (That means we just walked around outside.) We would have tried to sled but due to the small amount of snow we received and the bright sun, it faded pretty fast.
But it was a beautiful sight. I think a new snowfall is so pretty, it is so clean and white. Then, someone or something will come along and walk in it, or try to build a snowman or something in it and it gets all messed up. I suppose that's the way it is suppose to be. So, I will be happy with the little snow we had today, at least until the next snowfall. Because tomorrow it's back to work!

1 comment: