Friday, April 10, 2009

Maundy Thursday and Good Friday.


Good Friday morning everyone! It's Good Friday! Get it.
Any way, I had another post all ready for today, but instead I decided to tell you about our Maundy Thursday service at church. Some may think it was nothing special, I mean we took communion, sang, read scripture. All regarding the Last Supper, and Jesus telling the disciples about what would happen to him, he would be betrayed, and he would be denied three times.
But the interesting part, at least to me anyway, was at the end of the service the Altar was stripped, to signify Christ being stripped and beaten. I personally had not seen this done and I was fascinated with it.
It was very moving, when a piece was taken off the altar and related to Christ's experience.
This may not have been a big deal to some, but I liked it.
Easter is a great time of year. It's a good time to remember what life is all about and what we have to be thankful for.
For a lot of people this isn't a great time, they may have lost their jobs, or they are alone. Maybe they simply have lost their faith, in themselves and others. But I bet if we try really hard there will be something, even if it is something small, that we can be thankful for. Jesus is a good place to start.
If he could endure what he did, then surely we can find some hope in our own circumstances.
Just something to think about.

1 comment:

  1. Finding hope in my circumstances today and always! Hope you had a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete